Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Illness and Memories

I've been stuck at home all day with fever. Not fun. >.<' I usually catch about four or five colds per school year, but it's rare that the colds come with a fever. Plus, they usually come later on in the year.
Anyway, I love Steel Magnolias~ I found it on television, and I'm reminiscing a bit. I didn't see the movie for the first time until a few years ago (language and all that), but it's one movie that I will avoid watching with other people. It's hilarious, but this movie never fails to make me cry like crazy, and I hate letting other people see me cry. The only people I've cried in front of because of a movie are my parents, my aunt, my brother, and my friend from when I was little.
That last person is the reason why I've been reminiscing. I only knew that friend for about a year before she moved, but I looked up to her. I forgot what her real name was, but I always called her Shell. Maybe it was Shelby or Shelly... *shrugs* Anyway, she was about a year older than I was. I can't remember how we met, because it was so long ago. She moved before my family had to move to New York for my dad's job. Hmm... I wonder how she's doing? I'd look for her on Facebook if I could remember her last name.

6 comments:

  1. I feel for yo when it comes to illness. Currently, though I hadn't mentioned it on the blog, I've been coughing a lot.

    It's probably allergies or something, I heard they've been pretty bad this year for everyone. Alex jokes I'm coming down with Tuberculosis or something, except I had exposure to it when I was younger so I doubt it's that.

    Friends come and go, but I think it's best to treasure all of them because they always shape you, even though people can change. I know I've seen people change over time from good people to scum. Pray your old friend hadn't gotten involved with the wrong crowds or anything since you last saw her. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, -Chelle
    Not Alex. Alex is off doing... Homework, me guesses. Point is, today is my day of laptop holding~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, a few of my friends from Jersey have been complaining about allergies and the changing weather getting to them. Maybe they're getting to you, too. Wait, how did you have exposure to Tuberculosis? I thought that it was pretty uncommon. I've only heard of one or two cases that I can remember.

    Thanks. That actually means a lot to me. When Shell first moved, I had a few dreams where she died or something. Then again, lots of people died in my dreams when I was little. I wasn't exactly the most positive child after an "incident" after we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be the whole damn Eastern coast. >:
    Who knows how I got exposed. Might have been a public place or something with germs, like Chuck. E. Cheese or something like that. The ballpits are known to have a lot of nasty stuff. And I said exposed, I don't remember if I actually had it or not. My dad says I'm not allowed to take another TB test though, and I have papers for that.

    I've always had bad dreams. Sometimes, I'd dream I was lost in a forest, running from a spider-like figure. Other times, I had nightmares about death and deaths of people, and then sometimes I just had nightmares I don't remember or I only remember later.

    Huh, do you or your parents happen to be packrat like and have an address book with every number you've ever used for anyone in years? Maybe you wrote down a number or something that could help you find her? o:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my bad. If you don't mind my asking, why aren't you allowed to take another TB test? Health issues?

    *shudders* Yikes. Most of my nightmares over the years have been about people dying and leaving me alone, but I've never had one about being chased, especially by a spider or something. I hate spiders...

    Hmm... I've might've written down her phone number in one of my old, barely used diaries. It's looking like I'll be stuck at home tomorrow, too, so I'll look for it then and hope that her number hasn't changed. Thanks. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Once you have a positive TB skin test you will always have a positive TB skin test,
    even if you complete treatment. Ask your doctor for a written record of your
    positive skin test result. This will be helpful if you are asked to have another TB skin
    test in the future." -What a health site says.

    Spiders are kind of creepy. They lay a web, leave their prey out to get trapped, struggle, and eventually die when they lose their fighting will. It's weird. @.@

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete